I love trying out new cocktails – especially ones that match the season. A friend of mine hosted a brunch this weekend (did you see my tots?!), which gave me the perfect excuse to make a nice, light summer punch. Yes, I know it’s not technically summer yet, but have you been to Tucson at the end of May?! The day of the brunch was the first day of the season that the city broke 100 degrees. We won’t cool down again until the monsoons leave in late August or September. Ugh! But I digress…as I said, the perfect time for a nice summer punch. The inspiration for this one came from a pin I saw on Pinterest (thanks, Food Gal!)
The friend who hosted the brunch is expecting her first bundle of joy this September and another friend of ours is expecting her first in just 10 days! So I really wanted to make something that was versatile enough to be a cocktail or a “Mommy Mocktail”. This fit the bill and was a big hit with everyone – expecting or not!
- Equal parts peach nectar and lemonade (I found a great mango lemonade that worked great!) - about half a gallon each
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced
- Boozy - Champagne
- Booze-less - Lime Perrier (generic sparkling water works great, too!)
- Pour nectar, lemonade, and lime juice into a large punch bowl.
- Thread lemon slices onto the Rosemary stem (pick one of the sturdier ones that can handle the weight of the lemons slices).
- Put the lemon-rosemary garnish into the punch bowl.
- Fill a cup with ice.
- Fill ¾ full with punch.
- Top with either Champagne or Sparkling Water.
I LOVE to cook, bake, and entertain for friends and family for two reasons: 1) I LOOOOOOVE food!! 2) I am a people-pleaser. I get my joy and warm, fuzzy feelings by making others feel loved and taken care of. What better way to do that than with a delicious, home-cooked meal?!